Textielverzorging, the €490m pension fund for the Dutch textile-cleaning sector, is to join MITT, the larger industry-wide scheme for fashion, carpets and textile. The announcement followed the recent decision by the Ministry of Social Affairs to lift the mandatory participation for employers in Textielverzorging.Both pension funds had already indicated that they wanted to merge.Textielverzorging – with almost 8,000 active participants and 2,300 pensioners – had been looking for an alternative for its reinsured arrangements with Centraal Beheer Achmea. The contract expired at the end of 2015, and extending the scheme was unaffordable due to the increased contribution, according to the pension fund.Textielverzorging, which has appointed Achmea Pensioen- & Levensverzekeringen as provider, made it clear that it would liquidate.MITT currently manages €1.8bn in pension assets for 10,190 workers, 48,000 pensioners and 47,000 deferred members.In other news, the €600m pension fund of publishing company Sanoma has announced that it will close for new entrants, and that new pensions accrual will occur at the €20bn PGB.The closure of the Sanoma scheme comes in the wake of an unresolved dispute between the employer and pension fund over the starting points for establishing the contribution.The employer wanted to introduce collective defined contribution arrangements with a maximum premium of 26%, with the contribution based on expected returns.The pension fund, however, insisted on a premium level aimed at preventing rights cuts, and said the employer’s preferred outcome would lead to a funding drop.The closed Sanoma scheme said it would continue independently for the time being.Paul van Driessen, vice-chairman, said the board was weighing its options, including joining a new general pension fund (APF) or setting up such a vehicle with other pension funds.“An APF can operate cheaper than a company pension fund,” he said.
The suspect was detained in the Binalbagan police station’s custodialfacility./PN BACOLOD City – The court recommended no bail bond for the temporaryliberty of a rape suspect arrested in Barangay Payao, Binalbagan, NegrosOccidental. Officers of the municipal police station served the warrant issued byJudge Walter Zorilla of the Regional Trial Court Branch 55 in Himamaylan City,Negros Occidental dated Oct. 9, 2019. The 31-year-old Marlon Laprico of Barangay Bi-ao, Binalbagan was caughton the strength of an arrest warrant around 12:30 p.m. on Friday, a policereport showed.
The Connersville Lady Spartans captured The EIAC Girls Golf Title.Madison McCreary-Batesville was the EIAC MVP.EIAC Girls Golf Tourney Results (9-14)Submitted by Batesville Coach Tom Meyer.
The Jac-Cen-Del Junior High Cross Country teams ran in a 4 school meet at Shawe on Wednesday night (9/23) with Southwestern (Hanover) and Milan.The JCD girls’ and boys’ teams both finished 1st in the meet. Justin Ohlmansiek (JCD) was the individual winner of the boys’ race.JCD MC CC 4-Way Meet @ SM (9-23)Courtesy of Eagles Coach Steve Narwold.
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Indiana is joining 39 other states in a federal antitrust lawsuit saying six generic drug manufacturers illegally collaborated to unfairly suppress trade; fraudulently boost and alter prices; and diminish competition in the United States for two generic drugs.An amended complaint filed with the federal court also adds claims of violations of state antitrust laws – in addition to the violations of federal antitrust laws – in each of the 40 states.The complaint also cites violations of state consumer protection laws in most of the states involved.
A 1:30pm Boxing Day start would greatly appeal to organisers for its ability to secure a huge US TV audience. Due to the time difference, the fight would begin at 9:30pm on Christmas Day in New York, and 6:30pm in Los Angeles. It wouldn’t be great news for British fight fans, however, as they would have to stay up until 2:30am on Boxing Day morning to catch the start of the bout. They may have to suck it up, however, as The Australian’s Brent Read claims that the venue has already been “tentatively booked” for Boxing Day. The event would mark the Bankwest Stadium’s first fight, having opened in April last year. Primarily used for football and rugby, the venue boasts a capacity of 30,000 and was designed by the same company responsible for the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Being hosted in Sydney would also give the fight an extra historical and cultural significance. The last heavyweight title fight to take place there was on Boxing Day 1908 – when Jack Johnson defeated Tommy Burns to become the first black heavyweight title-holder. On marking this significant milestone, Lonergan continued: “Given what is going on around the world at the moment, what an opportunity to celebrate the first African-American to cut through in American culture. “This is well before the days of Jackie Robinson in the 1950s, Jack Johnson was the most controversial figure of his day, bar nobody. It’s who Muhammad Ali took his leadoff. “He set the platform for African-American success in sports. read also:Joshua’s undisputed world title fight with Fury must be in Britain, says Hatton “His importance has been overlooked over the past 112 years. “What he did in 1908 was historically significant. Wouldn’t it be totally amazing to get two recent heavyweight champions down here, two of the best self-promoters in the business, to celebrate Jack Johnson’s achievements from 112 years ago.” The first two Fury-Wilder fights were the biggest promotions of Arum’s illustrious career, but Lonergan believes that his strong relationship with the veteran American could be key in securing the third. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Trilogy fight between Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder could take place in Australia – with a shock proposal to take the bout to Sydney’s Bankwest Stadium having been revealed. Deontay Wilder (L) and Fury (R) go head-to-head in their Las Vegas rematch on February 22 And the showdown Down Under could take place on Boxing Day, with chiefs eager to capitalise on the US Christmas prime time TV slot. The fight was due to take place this summer, with the Gypsy King vowing to take Wilder’s “scalp” again. But with the coronavirus pandemic having complicated matters, other alternatives are having to be explored. With the usual suspects in terms of venues in the US and UK extremely unlikely to be able to host a capacity crowd – the rematch could be taken to a different region of the world – with Macau having been suggested. But Bob Arum recently revealed that the fight could be taken to Australia – a country that hasn’t been as badly-hit by Covid-19 as most. He told Sky Sports: “Our friends in Australia are talking about doing this fight, probably in Sydney. That’s a possibility.” And with the cat now out of the bag, Aussie promoter Dean Lonergan has claimed credit for the proposal. The man that brought Manny Pacquiao Down Under to fight Jeff Horn told the Sydney Morning Herald: “When Bob came out and said that we are talking to ‘our friends in Australia’, I’m the one he’s talking to. I just had a thought six weeks ago that if these guys can’t do a major fight in Las Vegas or New York, why not come down here where I know we can get a crowd. “It’s my proposal, I put it to him with budgets, how we’d do it, the whole lot. “Bob has been an incredible partner and ally for me in the world of boxing. “I just had a thought six weeks ago that if these guys can’t do a major fight in Las Vegas or New York, why not come down here where I know we can get a crowd. “We are flexible around the timing, but if we did it at 1.30pm on Boxing Day, it would be beamed back into the States on Christmas night.” Securing that crowd will be a critical factor, with the second fight in Vegas having raked in £13.8million in gate receipts, a significant portion of the event’s revenue. Promoted Content12 Movies That Almost Ended Their Stars’ CareersTop 10 Female Disney Villains You’ll Definitely Fall In Love With6 TV Characters Whose Departures Have Made The Shows BetterPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiMost Beautiful Female Supermodels From IndiaFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This Year6 Incredibly Strange Facts About Hurricanes6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone8 Amazing Facts About Ancient EgyptWhat Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way Loading…
By Rob NugentPOCOLA, Okla. (June 13) – While the story of the night elsewhere was rain, Tate Cole was ending a personal drought Saturday at Tri-State Speedway.The Fort Gibson flyer returned to his winning ways with his fourth victory after a two month drought. Chris Lewis finished second while Dallas Bourland crossed the line in third.The IMCA SportMod feature saw Kayden Menasco pick up his second feature win of the season ahead of Ken McCarty and Gerry Vaughn.
Deal certainly has the ability to be a top tier running back in a program known for turning out elite rushers. He ran for 1,200 yards and 18 touchdowns as a senior and finished with more than 3,100 yards in his high school career, as the 2013 Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year.Sojourn SheltonShelton struggled through his sophomore season and finished without an interception after he had four his freshman year. But the junior has bounced back so far this spring, and has said the new coaching staff has helped give him renewed confidence. Saturday will provide him the opportunity to show what he can do in a pseudo-game situation. Tanner McEvoyUnlike last spring, McEvoy will not competing for a starting quarterback spot come Saturday. However, the question remains where exactly McEvoy will be used and how much he will be used. Most of his time has been spent at safety, where he will most likely start this fall, and his 6-foot-6 frame will give much needed size to UW’s secondary. He also could see some time at wide receiver where he has already made an impact in several practices.#Badgers McEvoy got lots of work at WR today. Had a 20-yard TD catch in RZ segment.— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) April 18, 2015T.J. EdwardsEdwards has come on strong this spring, and the redshirt freshman has put himself into a position where he could potentially earn a starting spot at inside linebacker. Edwards was a three-star recruit in high school and played both offense and defense, but has focused in on his defense capabilities this spring, where he has spent a good deal of time with the first defensive unit. Saturday could help solidify his standing with that first unit.ILB T.J. Edwards primed to breakout in 2015. Had another huge day for the No. 1 defense. #Badgers— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) April 19, 2015Chikwe ObasihObasih played right away as a freshman a year ago and will be a key cog in the Wisconsin defensive front this year. With Warren Herring graduated, Obasih will be have to step up as one of the leaders of UW’s front seven, which also lost both inside linebackers in Marcus Trotter and Derek Landisch to graduation. A year older, Obasih will have more playing time and more responsibility come fall. In the grand scheme of things, the Wisconsin football team’s spring game Saturday is just a glorified practice.But there will still be plenty on the line as the limelight shines on the Badgers for the first time leading up to the fall season.With an influx of younger players, including several talented early enrollees, some players have more to prove come Saturday than others.Here’s who The Badger Herald sports department is keeping an eye on for the spring game, as players who could stand to gain or lose ground based on their performances Saturday.OffenseJoel StaveStave has had a whirlwind experience at quarterback since he first arrived on campus in the spring of 2011, and his starting spot looks like it could be under siege for the second straight season. Stave looks to be in line as the first string signal caller come next fall, but there are several other viable options behind him should his throwing issues from last season resurface.That’s not to say Stave has to have a breakout performance Saturday, but if he’s going to retain the top spot, he has to prove to new head coach Paul Chryst that he can be a reliable and efficient option under center. He’s shown he can throw the deep ball, but can he complete the short throws?D.J. GillinsSpeaking of threats to Stave, DJ Gillins might be the most likely candidate to do that. After sitting out last season, the redshirt freshman has spent most of his time this spring with the second team offense and has shown some flashes of what made him a four-star recruit out of high school. If he showcases his dual-threat abilities Saturday, he could make a serious case to be in the starting quarterback conversation.Jazz PeavyWith several injuries ahead of him, redshirt freshman Jazz Peavy has seen increased time as part of the wide receiving corps this spring. Outside of Alex Erickson, who came on strong for UW last season, the Badgers don’t have too many proven threats at receiver, making the increased time for Peavy that much more valuable. The spring game will be yet another chance to prove he belongs in the top group. Taiwan DealDeal is yet another of the redshirt freshmen making gains, as he has his sights set on the number two running back spot behind Corey Clement.
A number of top players were not paid on time at Hearts again on Monday as the Edinburgh club encountered renewed cash flow problems.Around five senior members of the first-team squad, believed to include club skipper Marius Zaliukas, defender Andy Webster and winger Andrew Driver, have been told that there may be a delay in receiving their monthly salary which was due to be paid yesterday. The remainder of the squad will receive their money on time.Hearts claim that the temporary shortage of cash has come about because the SPL has only paid half of the £600,000 due to the club at the beginning of the season. To date, they have only received £300,000 and, already working to a tightened budget, that has forced them to inform their senior players of the possible delay.New financial fair play rules were introduced in May and, if the club do fail to stump up the cash on time, they could be hit by SPL sanctions. However, Hearts would strenuously fight any punishment as the wages delay has been caused by a non-payment of monies due from the governing body itself.Hearts owner Vladmir Romanov is running for President of Lithuania and has declared a personal fortune of £42m, but became disillusioned with football some time ago.
Andrew Luck injury update: Colts QB (calf) will sit out preseason opener Tyreek Hill injury update: Chiefs star (bruised quad) on field in pads after injury scare Another update on #Bengals WR AJ Green: Following surgery, based on what they found cleaning out the ankle, he’s now expected to miss a few games, I’m told. Not ideal.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 30, 2019Green suffered a left ankle injury Saturday at practice and had to be carted off the field. While initial reports claimed he suffered a sprained ankle, ESPN later reported that Green sustained torn ligaments in the ankle and will likely be missing in action for six to eight weeks. He previously missed the final five weeks of last season after undergoing surgery to repair torn ligaments in his toe. Related News Julio Jones won’t play in Falcons’ preseason games A.J. Green is on the road to recovery.The Bengals wide receiver underwent “a minor ankle procedure” Tuesday morning, according to NFL Media, which cited unidentified sources.The latest report projects Green will miss “a few games” after he was previously expected to be healthy by Week 1. Green, who turns 31 on Wednesday, is entering the final season of his four-year contract extension signed in 2015 and is set to be paid around $12.2 million. However, he’ll be looking to secure a new deal next season and should have no problem doing so if he can stay healthy.